 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 420
Re: Suggested New Primitive: 4-4cyl12.dat (was: More cylinder primitives wanted)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:21:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Tore Eriksson wrote:
If more folks like this idea, how should we name the new primitives?

How about N-4cyla.dat, N-4cylb.dat, etc?

Although I have to admit -- I'm not a huge fan of saving a few lines of code
here and there.  When two such primitives are adjacent, I always have to
double-check which one includes the edge(s).

There is no rule against primitive files calling to other \P files. I didn't
have to look very long to find one. And if we inlined them, I suspect the
primitive substitution in L3P will not work until L3P is updated to support the
new ones. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are absolutely correct, on both points.

Here's the one I would like to see the most:
0 Cylinder 1.0  with 1 Disc and  2 Edges

I'd most like to see the cylinder with 2 edges.  It's easy enough to add discs
or ndis's on the ends, as required.  But I almost always require the
edge-circles.

Steve