 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 344
343  |  345
Subject:
Technic Fig Parts and Orientation (Was: Connect7.dat)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 13:01:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Chris Dee writes:

OK - let's keep in touch regarding this, to avoid duplicating effort. My
progress (as mentioned in http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=9618) is with the
regular arm and torso parts - although the mech-arms from the competition
sets look fun. I'll resurrect my efforts and post an update.

I think this will definitely need a generator app, so let's make sure we add
sufficient comment to the files to define the rotation points.

Chris

Oh, I missed that thread, since I included the keyword 'Action' in my search. :)

My point of view is animation, but I think a generator's view is quite
similar. I've read somewhere that the main object in animating a human or
humaniod is the hips. So with that in mind, I'd like the hip joint axis at
y=0 both at the hips+torso (body?) assembly and the upper leg parts. The
knees shold be at y=40 at the upper legs and y=0 at the lower legs. The same
applies to the arms and head. The origin of a child object should always be
where it's attached to its parent object.

But that's just my opinion...

Maybe I should make crude mockups of all the parts to make it easier to
discuss the parts orientation and let the generator gurus begin their work?

/Tore