 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 155
Re: Alternative possible hi-res sphere primitive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 18:57:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Travis Cobbs writes:
Once I got my sphere tesselation algorithm to work, it was straightforward
to generate a hi-res version of the sphere primitive.

Hey, Travis

Your hi-res sphere looks great!  Much better than the other one available
(Sorry, Steve, but it does look smoother and more even).

I've begun to model my own Parts and Primitives library in MLCad.  I've run
into a wall with modelling a decent sphere, however.

Could you explain your "Tesselation Algorithm"?  If not, could you make a
custom 1-8sphe.dat for me?  Currently, I'm modelling all curved bits at a
resolution of one facet per degree (yes, 360 facets per cylinder!), so this
is what I need for compatibility.  I do completely understand if you would
rather not take on such a project, but if you could at least explain the
algorithm, I would be very grateful.  Please respond, even if just to say
"go away"  ;oD.

Thanx,

Dirtman