 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 858
857  |  859
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: 32165 Technic Throwbot Head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:25:00 GMT

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:51:15 GMT, "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

Marc Klein <marckl@easynet.fr> wrote in message
0 Technic Throwbot Head
0 Name: 32165.dat
0 Author: Marc Klein <marc.klein@free.fr>
0 Created with stl2dat conversion tool
0 Un-Official LCad part

Wow from me too!  How long does it take you to create a part like this?

Does the converter create the edgelines, or do you have to add those
yourself?

-John Van

Thanks for the "Wow".

I spend the last sunday to modelise that part. I used solidworks, a very powerful cad-cam tool. It is specially usefull
when you change the dimensions after you have almost finished your part.
The converter does create the edgelines. Basically it detects them based on the angle between two facets.
It also detects some cylindric primitives, and it groups all facets for one plane or tangent area.
But it detects not yet disc primitives, I added them by hand.

I did notice edgelines missing on the edge of the two "half-stud holes on the
bottom.  There are edgelines for the rounded area, but not where the
half-stud hole meets the verticle surface.  If you use L3Lab and display only
type 2 and type 5 lines, you can see this.

Here are the missing lines. Just insert them in the original file. The updated file is available on my site:
http://marc.klein.free.fr/32165.dat

2 24 -27 -6 10 -13 -6 10
2 24 -27 -6 10 -27 0 10
2 24 -13 -6 10 -13 0 10