 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 747
re: Request photo of Technic Panel #3 and #4 (32188)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 19:26:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Marc Klein wrote:

I have started model Technic Panel #1 and #2 (part 32190  and 32191).
You can have a look here:
http://marc.klein.free.fr/parts.html

I would also like to model Technic Panel #3 and #4 (part 32188  and
32189), but I dont have the parts. Could someone send me a good
picture of these parts.

Marc,

You haven't submitted any parts for L-CAD parts updates[1], and if you don't
plan to, the following warning doesn't matter.

A while ago, an issue came up where someone was modeling parts that he did not
posess.  The general feeling was that, for 'official' parts, people should not
model what they can't physically examine.

If you do want to create the #3 and #4 panels for submission to the updates, you
might be able to get someone to lend you examples of the pieces.

Having said all that, the #3 and #4 panels are essentially the same as the #1
and #2 panels.  Here are the differences I could determine:

- Panel #3 is 32188
- Panel #4 is 32189
- 32188 and 32189 are mirror-images
- 32188/32189 are 5 studs (100LDU) longer than 32190/32191.
- The bases of the parts (the section with the connector holes) are exactly like
the bases of the 32190/32191.
- The vents are moved upward (actually, to the right, in your 32191c.gif image)
by 20LDU.  The connector-tubes are *not* extended.  Likewise the tab on the
inside of the vent (the bit that holds ribbed tubes in place when they are
inserted in the vent) is not moved.
- The top and bottom edges are parallel.  The bottom edge is horizontal, the top
edge is angled downward from the base (in your images, the top edge looks
parallel to the bottom).
- The apex (the side opposite the base) is exactly the same, except that the top
is cut off, because the top edge of the panel intersects the apex-edge at a
lower point.
- Where the top edge meets the apex edge, the inside vertex is 1 to 2 LDU's away
from the outside of the semi-cylinder.

Steve
--
1) As far as I know, you haven't.  I haven't looked at my parts-mail in the last
few days.