 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6312
Re: Inappropriate(?) use of stud.dat in 30035.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:09:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Michael Heidemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:
30035.dat uses stud.dat in a location that isn't really a stud, but is the
same shape as a stud.  This leads to a rendering problem if stud logos are
enabled:

<<http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/PeeronTest/30035.png>>

(Notice the LEGO logo peeking out from under the pole.)

Is the above considered wrong?

--Travis

As far as I remember this is formally ok. But you are right, this should be
avoided. Please correct that and send the file to the PT.

Perhaps if there was a unit capped cylinder in the primitives authors would not
be driven to use studs?

Philo

You are right, but there are only three lines of code (easily created with
MLCad) that would be substituted with such a new primitive. I think it is not
worth.

cu
mikeheide