 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6023
Re: Door 1 x 4 x 6 with 3 Panes with color X Glass
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:43:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Right. Then why does the partnumber differ from that on Peeron?
I thougt Peeron was accurate and that we name our parts like Peeron?

Not exactly.

If Peeron shows a 'real' number for a part, we'll sure use it in creating an
LDraw part file.

But when the 'real' number is unknown, LDraw.org and Peeron each maintain their
own set of xNNN numbers (except I think Peeron is in the xNNNN range now).  The
two sets of numbers have no relation to each other, and typically conflict.

When an unofficial xNNN part is released in an LDraw.org parts update, the part
is renamed to NNN.  Peeron will then change their number to use the LDraw.org
number.

Steve