 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5913
Re: New Part: 3069bpw0.dat - Tile 1 x 2 with "Wanted - Flatfoot Thomsen" Pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 16:18:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
hi folks,

I just uploaded this part to the PT:

<http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3069bpw0.dat>

considering the sheer number of subparts it'll take probably ages to put it
through the reviews but inlining the letters would have blown the file to
some 250 KB. 8-)

Wow.

:-)))

How did you create this masterwork?  Was it all manual, or did you use
specialized tools?  That's a great amount of detail!

I converted this true type font

http://www.themeworld.com/cgi-bin/preview.pl/fonts/stencilb.0.zip
(you may get a popup when opening the page)

into DXF (the only file format my crappy cad-prog supports) and polished the
shapes by hand. the actuall task was finding the font they used for the pattern
and asking directly at the source was the most logical thing I could think of.
jake mckee forwared my request for help to Chriss Bonven Johansen (I guess one
of the developers in billund) who kindly pointed me to the link above.

w.