 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5886
Re: Flex parts (Was NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:57:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
   --SNIP-- I agree but I felt that the studless technic wouldn’t do it justice and as you pointed out before the flex parts haven’t been CADded (not to mention I don’t have a clue how they work). I might pinch someone elses work (such as yours) if they’re willing to show me how it’s done.

Hmm, perhaps there a range of parts I should CAD. The flex rods are pretty simple and the tube is already done.

The <http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/2900.dat older type
   of connector is in the Parts Tracker, as is the
ball version.

The newer pin connectors are quite complicated but there are only two types and one is double version of the other. The complicated bit has also already been modelled in the ball version!

Don’t hold me to it ;-)

Tim

Maybe you want to get some inofficial parts from my model: I have done the needed Flex parts for my BR23 engine. They are part of the MPD-file (I included all inofficial parts as subparts).

In the meantime I have even made the BFC complient. But still I seem to be to stupid to upload them at the parts tracker at ldraw.

If you like to do, maybe you are able to upload them?

Ben