 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5636
Re: Minifig Chain Updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:41:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
   I just posted an update to the minifig chain (part 208c01.dat) to the Parts Tracker. The official file three problems: it was too long overall, there were too many links, and each link was too small.

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/208c01.dat

Compare:

Current Official

New Update

(sorry, the pictures are different scales; I can’t fix that)

I eyeballed the chain links against some other lego parts, and calculated the link-pitch of the chain, and came up with 20x11x3 as the overall dimensions (in LDU) for each link. The diameter of the tube for each link is 3LDU. Can someone (maybe someone with calipers) double-check that those figures are reasonably accurate? If I’m wrong by more than ~.5LDU, I’ll go back and correct my corrections.

Thanks to Purple Dave for pointing out this issue to me!

Good catch Purple Dave! Thanks for the update Steve.

I’ll have to adjust some of my LSynth information based on the new part sizes I guess.

Kevin
   Steve