 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5542
Re: My second part: Fabuland Window part, 3 windows on top
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:35:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Sybrand Bonsma wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Sybrand Bonsma wrote:
Hello all,

Recently I've started with making Fabuland parts for LDraw. Finally I've
finished my first parts. A Fabuland wall frame and a Fabuland window, which can
be combined to form a Fabuland window element.
As these are my first parts, they are probably not perfect. Probably I should
have used more primitives for these parts, but I was afraid, that I then would
see lines on places where I didn't wanted them (does this happen?). Anyway, I
would appreciate your comments on both elements (wall frame in a separate
message)

Thanks,

Sybrand Bonsma

0 Fabuland Window part, 3 windows on top
0 Name: Unknown
0 Author: Sybrand Bonsma
0 Unofficial Element

Here's my carefully corrected/revised version.

<SKIP DAT file>

Dear Tore,

Thanks for the revision and the correction of this part.
Could you tell me what mistakes I made in the previous version, so that I can
avoid making the same mistakes with other parts again.
I've tried to compare your DAT file with mine and found that I put some comma's
(,) where there should have been points (.).

Yes, that's the thing that caused errors, so I had to correct them.
The other adjustments I made was, was to remove some multiple spaces. I guess
they were put there to create an even table with straght columns (alternatively
just the way Excel outputs), but as they caused Notepad to break lines, the
effect was not easier but harder to read, at least for me. This was not causing
any error for the rendering programs.

Thanks for correcting the part,
Sybrand

Thank you for a nice part!