 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5510
Re: Sub-part numbers for Monorail Point/Switch Right
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:14:17 GMT

We need to be particularly sensitive about renumbering already
official parts -and we already damaged train models with the
necessary correction to the 9V wheels in 2003-03. Parts 2880 and 2881
are also primarily used in train models, for pantographs !!

Well this is a problem. But it could occure to more "old" DAT-files.

The least disruptive scheme would be  :

Renumber 2880.dat to 2880a.dat and make a ~Moved to file for 2880.
Add the new (Monorail point) 2880 as 2880b. Similarly for 2881. The
2880b and 2881b files are unlikely to be used in isolation, if we use
2882 and 2887 as the basis for the composite parts. None of the parts
have visible external numbers, so I dont think it matters which of
the asymmetric part numbers we use for the c01 (and c02 ?) complete
assembly files.

I could live with that.

And I also think a "go left/right" and a "go straight"
Shortcut _is_ needed.

CU bernd