 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5483
5482  |  5484
Subject:
magnet.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:17:19 GMT

I think I can not use magnet.dat for the old Plate 2 x 4 with Magnet
Holder (x499.dat) for the following reason:

1) I assume, that the newly created parts should be like reality.

2) Magnet.dat looks to me like a subpart that should not be like it is,
because it consists of a real magnet and a part of the moulded magnet
holder. The magnet itself is in reality fixed with glue in the magnet
holder. I have one part, where the magnet is coming out of the magnet
holder, so I could measure the magnet exactly.
I am shure that a part like magnet.dat would not come throught
certification process today.

3) Also it is not possible to process the magnet.dat to fit to what I
measured because there are some dimensions in the magnet.dat that also
fits to the part that I modelled. But if I use a matrix to bring
magnet.dat to the dimensions I need some dimension would then be incorrect.

Are there any remarks on that from people that could also measure the
old parts.