 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5376
Re: Western Uniforms - Part Naming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:54:46 GMT

Willy,

I'm sorry for not replying before now (and yes, I did receive
your email; mea culpa), but I've been fighting off yet another
massive sinue infection.  The "good" news is, I got the antibiotics
from the doctor this time *before* the infection became pneumonia.  :P

Anyway, the names of "Soldier", "Lieutenant", and "General" are
quite good.  I would preface them with "Cavalry" or "U.S. Cavalry",
though, instead of "Yankee".

I look forward to seeing your work.  :)

being from "old europa" I'm not fit enough to sort out american
uniforms from the last century. could somebody please help me
out naming these parts:
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/973px41>
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/973px42>
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/973px43>

I would go for:
973pw1.dat - Minifig Torso with Yankee General Pattern
973pw2.dat - Minifig Torso with Yankee Lieutenant Pattern
973pw3.dat - Minifig Torso with Yankee Soldier Pattern

For what it's worth, I unearthed some old works-somewhat-in-progress
from the catacombs of my PC's hard drive.  ;)  I'd like to offer the
following suggestions for meta-statements (CMDLINE and *lots* of
KEYWORDS).  I just wish I had had more time to finish off these (and
other) projects.  :/

Thanks, and keep up the good work!  ;)
Franklin

Minifig Torso with U.S. Cavalry General Pattern
Name: 973pw1.dat

CMDLINE -c1

KEYWORDS Wild West, Western, military, uniform, United States, army, U.S. Army
KEYWORDS cavalry, horse troops, rank, insignia, star, stars, shoulder, collar
KEYWORDS officer, senior officer, General, Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel
KEYWORDS soldier, veteran

Minifig Torso with U.S. Cavalry Officer Pattern
Name: 973pw2.dat

CMDLINE -c1

KEYWORDS Wild West, Western, military, uniform, United States, army, U.S. Army
KEYWORDS cavalry, horse troops, rank, insignia, shoulder, collar
KEYWORDS officer, junior officer, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, soldier, veteran

Minifig Torso with U.S. Cavalry Soldier Pattern
Name: 973pw3.dat

CMDLINE -c1

KEYWORDS Wild West, Western, military, uniform, United States, army, U.S. Army
KEYWORDS cavalry, horse troops, insignia, suspenders, trooper, enlisted, NCO
KEYWORDS Private, Corporal, Sergeant, soldier, veteran