 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5235
  Re: Patterns suck!

(...) Or you could search the net for vectorizer programs like this one. (URL) a free vectorizer with source code. (URL) wonder how hard it would be to modify it to handle color and output ldraw format. Enjoy, Don (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Patterns suck!

(...) I'm gonna have to look into this again. Vectorizers are cool. Here's some more opensource code (3 URLs) a really nifty description of how to use the potrace vectorizer to generate edges, and the netlib triangulator to create the triangles. (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Patterns, simplified

(...) I'm inferring that you are talking about converting a scanned image into a pattered subfile for a part? Then, optimally, the process requires the following discrete phases: 1) Someone[1] scans a patterned part at high resolution into an agreed (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)