 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5028
Re: Bionicle Claw with Axle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:22:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Markus Weber wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Markus Weber wrote:
   I love working with LDraw files in MLCad, but am not able to create a .dat file. I have tried to wrap my head around it through FAQ’s and discussion, but I just won’t get it.

I am creating a number of farm-related custom models. I like these Bionicle claws as the grapple for bales on my front-end loader, but I can’t complete my instructions without the necessary .dat file. The part looks like this:

I can’t find the part in the official releases or the Parts Tracker. If it’s around somewhere already, that would be great! If not, is anyone interested in creating this .dat file for me? I have no idea -- What kind of time commitment would it take to create something like this? The claws would have to be created from scratch, as I don’t think there would be any primitives that one could simply piece together.
If I want to pay someone to create the part for me, is it still appropriate to post in the CAD forum or should I be posting to Marketplace?

I felt uncomfortable paying someone, since LDraw is supposed to be a community effort. But I REALLY want to use this file and haven’t found any other way to create it, so how about payment via Bricklink-store credit? $50 credit in my BL store for an unofficial file that’s good enough to make decent instructions, $75 if you make an official file good enough for everyone’s use.

Again, I have no idea what kind of effort is involved, though I’m sure it’s considerable.

I’ll have a look at the feasibilty of doing this part. If I think I can make it, I’ll take a stab at it, no compensation needed.

-Orion