 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4856
4855  |  4857
Subject:
Octan Logo Pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 07:22:33 GMT

I try to make an Excel form for creating Octan logo patterns.

You can find it here:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=55140

It creates the wireframe of the upper half of the octan logo (Yin).

How to use:

STEP 1: You have to measure the width of the pattern (in LDU) and You have to
write the half of it in
        the first red place in the Ellipse01 worksheet.

STEP 2: You have to measure the distance between the two half of the logo (yin
and yang)
        and You have to write it in the second red place in the worksheet (in
LDU)

You get a wireframe on Frame02 and some quads on XX_s02_i worksheets, but it is
more than
it should be.You have to find the points of the intersection of the red lines
and the
green lines, and you have some more work on the quads too.

My quetions:

1. Did I create something useful or I just wasted my time?

2. The RESOLUTION is 64 now. Is it correct?

3. The rate of HEIGHT/WIDTH is 23/32, is it correct?

4. What about the DISTANCE? Probably it should depend on the size of the
pattern.

5. How to automatize the manual steps?

MiC