 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4836
Re: Total newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:26:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Dave Lovelace wrote:
Hi there,

I might be LUGnet member #95 but I just started using LDraw this evening.  I'm
already impressed with it (using MLCad for GUI), but I must have to know the
secret handshake or something because there are very obvious parts not listed.
In just 30 minutes I've already been befuddled by a few gaping omissions in the
assortment:

1)  1 x 2 technic brick with hole.  All the other lengths are there, so where's
this one?  All my list has is "with axlehole."  You know, the cross-shaped
hole.

2)  2 x 2 45 slope.  HELLO??  :-)  I mean, it's got all the other slope sizes,
plus plenty of 2 x 2 slopes with all manner of imprinting, but no plain one.

Do I have some kind of buggy parts list?  I got it from the site linked from
LUGnet, so, uh....I could use a little illumination from a luminary.  Thanks in
advance, sorry to clutter LUGnet with what I'm sure is newbie fodder.

--Dave (jot and jab)

Did you download and install the file complete.exe?  If you haven't, please do
so.

I suspect your problem is that you never rebuilt the parts.lst file after your
initial install.  This file contains the list of all the parts in the library
and it is what MLCad reads to figure out what parts you have.  Fontunately it is
easy to rebuild this file.  Simply choose "Scan Parts" under the File menu in
MLCad.  When MLCad asks you if you want to write a new parts.lst file, choose
yes.

Note: every time you download a new update to the parts library you have to
repeat this process to use the new parts.

-Orion