 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 48
Re: Discussion-Large Technic Shock 2909c01.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 13:46:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
I've worked out a small test DAT-file with the uncompressed spring and a
compressed spring using a one directional scaling method. In the dat file there
placed next to each other for comparison. The DAT-file uses the
subfiles 2909c and 2909d included in the vote. In Ldraw, it doesn't look bad
at all.
I can't check the result in POV, I don't have enough comp-power to make high
resolution renderings.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

0 Testfile showing the effects of coil scaling
0 Un-official demonstration example

I say this looks pretty good in LDLite.  Certainly as good as the flexible hose
solution (and it doesn't take nearly as long to draw).  I just had a though
about POV-Raying this part:  if someone could just create a correct POV version
of the two subfiles you use, then maybe the next L3P could just substitute
directly for the subfiles, giving the coil a truly rounded look.

Does anyone know POV-Ray well enough to design these subparts in POV?

-John Van