 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4150
Re: Strange thing with part 30179
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:38:16 GMT

Hi,

    I'm the author of those parts. I will try to explain what is happening:
    Every stud has a "Fast Draw" version. If you open the directory ldraw/p,
you will see that there are the stud.dat and the stu2.dat, the stud2.dat and
the stu22.dat.
    Stu2*.dat files represent the same studs that Stud*.dat versions, but with
lower resolution. Most of programs have a option to draw studs with lower
resolution, if this option is enabled, the program will search for the
stu2*.dat version. Since this is a new stud, it's a good idea to download his
fast draw version too. A quick fix is to copy the stud9.dat and rename the copy
to stu29.dat. This will not affect the performace very much, since the part
30179 is the only part that uses this new stud, unless you are using hundreds
or thousands of this piece in your model :).

hope that this helps,

play well,

zanette.

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Jaco van der Molen writes:
I downloaded this unofficial part from the Parttracker including all
subfiles:

30179.dat (Door  1 x  4 x  6 Frame)
stud9.dat (Stud 2 Small Hole)
x213s02.dat (~Door  1 x  4 x  6 Glass)
x213s01.dat (~Door  1 x  4 x  6)
x213.dat (Door  1 x  4 x  6)

Now when I open 30179 in MLCad or use it in a model, I get the message
"stu29.dat not found". I looked and I searched, but there is no use of
"stu29.dat". The render however does not show the studs with the small holes
on the edge of the door. But this is supposed to be "stud9.dat" and I have
that file!

What is happening here? Any suggestions?

Greetingz...

Sjaacko