 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4120
4119  |  4121
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Subject:
x342c01: Technic Flex-System 96LDU Long (open file for usage guide)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 01:11:29 GMT

See also x342 & x343.

I'm not sure about the naming & numbering on this one - its set up the same
as 75, 76 & 77 flex elements. I was considering not making x343 a part, asit
only contains 1 line, but it gives the part the correct scale, and makes it
easier to use emacs ldraw-mode to create curved flex parts.

I'd appreciate any comments on these things, or anything else b4 i submit to PT.

Thanks

ROSCO

0 Technic Flex-System 96LDU Long (open file for usage guide)
0 Name: x342c01.dat
0 Author: Ross Crawford
0 Unofficial LCAD Part
0 Based on 75.dat Technic Flex-System Hose by Fredrik Glöckner

0 HINT Open file for usage guide

0 A Technic Flex-System is often seen curved in a model.  In
0 those cases, some part of the ends are normally fixed inside another
0 element, while the rest is bent.  The part "x342.DAT" is
0 meant to model the straight parts of the ends.  To achieve this,
0 place one at each end point.  They should not be scaled.  The
0 part "x343.DAT" is meant to model the rest.  If it
0 is curved, you would typically scale the "x343.DAT" to a
0 have a short length, eg. 4LDU, and use many of them along the path of
0 the curve.
0 In the example below, the end points are 20LDU length, while
0 the centre part of the hose is scaled to have 56LDU length, thus
0 filling out the rest of the segment.

1 16 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 x342.DAT
1 16 0 0 76 0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 0 56 x343.DAT
1 16 0 0 96 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 -1 x342.DAT
0