 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3687
  Visual part database idea

Hi all, Jake McKee e-mailed me with a idea; a poster with all the dat-parts rendered in POV-Ray with part number and discription on it. I thought, "Wow, that would be great but how do I get 10.000 parts (yes I know now, it is "just" 2500) on a (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Visual part database idea

(...) My thought was that it would be great to have a big poster (or a few posters) that one could hang up around their work area in order to provide a once glance reminder of all the parts out there. That way it is easier to keep building (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Visual part database idea

Hi there, I remember having downloaded something similar, maybe not so complete as the one you are planning to do: (URL) hope this link is correct) Would your poster have better visibility for the smaller parts? Pedro (definately interested) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Visual part database idea

Jeroen de Haan wrote: [ parts poster(s) ] (...) Yes. (...) An A0 or A1 Postscript or HPGL file ready to dump onto our big vector plotter would be great. (...) What's Filemaker? Jacob (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)