 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3395
Re: Parts tracker - how do I get in touch with a reviewer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:14:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Daniel Crichton writes:
BTW: Franklin Cain, thanks for the comments in the certify vote.
Coming from someone who's authored so many minifig heads,
that means a lot :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  But, seriously, when I really
took a good look at those minifig heads (in real life), I said,
"Hey! These look *really* similar! Once I do this one, I can make
just a few changes and I'll have this one, then this one, and then..."

Notice that all the Wolfpack/Pirate heads are classic smileys
with extra paint!  ;-)  And even though the "Star Wars" patterns
were completely separate from "classic smileys", I saw a great deal
of similarity between them.  (Take a look at the actual DAT code
I wrote, and you can see what I mean.)

The pattern you did was so "busy" that I couldn't imagine *anyone*
dedicated enough to try it, and then you did a *very* good version
of it.  (Shows you what *I* know, eh? ;-)

Thanks,
Franklin