 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3325
Re: 2865.dat - 9V straight track re-release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:46:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, ludo soete wrote:

Any remarks wellcome.

s\2865s04.dat still has a problem - there are quads that use color 383.
These commands should be moved to either a new subfile, or added to
s\2865s05.dat.

Let me know if this is what you thought that it should be. Then i would try
to upload it to the parts tracker.

I've only got a few remarks about the file headers.  :)

Other than the 383 problem, these files should be ready for submitting
to the parts tracker.  Just remember, submit each part individually,
don't try to submit the MPD as a single file.

Way back on 12 Oct, 1999, in lugnet.cad.dev
(<http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=3094>), Manfred Moolhuysen suggested
the following names for the 9V track parts:

Train Track  9 V Metal Crossing
Train Track  9 V Metal Curved
Train Track  9 V Metal Straight
Train Track  9 V Metal Points Left
Train Track  9 V Metal Points Right

I'd like to simplify those suggestions to:

Train Track  9V Crossing
Train Track  9V Curved
Train Track  9V Straight
Train Track  9V Points Left
Train Track  9V Points Right

With this is mind, read on...

0 9V Train system straight track

This should be "Train Track  9V Straight".

0 ~Subpart 9V train track Sleeper section subpart  2 x  4 with fixation hole
0 Name: 2865S03.DAT

This description is too long; the Parts Tracker will reject it.
Probably "~Train Track  9V Sleeper  2 x  4 with Hole" is sufficient.

Be aware that the Parts Tracker will reject the Name: entry.  It should
be "s\2865s01.dat".

0 ~Subpart 9V train track Sleeper section subpart 2 x 4 without fixation hole
0 Name: 2865S02.DAT

Same comments here.  Try:
0 ~Train Track  9V Sleeper  2 x  4
0 Name: s\2865s02.dat

0 ~Subpart 9V train track 1x2 plate
0 Name: 2865S03.DAT

Try:
0 ~Train Track  9V Sleeper  1 x  2
0 Name: s\2865s03.dat

0 ~Subpart 9V train system Track Click mechanism
0 Name: 2865S04.DAT

Try:
0 ~Train Track  9V Connector
0 Name: s\2865s04.dat

0 ~Subpart 9V train system Track Metal parts
0 Name: 2865S05.DAT

Try:
0 ~Train Track  9V Metal Rail
0 Name: s\2865s05.dat