 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3038
Re: New part 973p40, Minifig Torso with Castle Breastplate Pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 09:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Damien Guichard writes:
I am not a part author or part reviewer. Yet I noticed two flashing
triangles when this part is displayed with LDView. Thus, I have modified the
subpart s\973p40a so that it does not overlap the belt fastener.

Good news, this part is reviewed as YY in the part tracker and so it's
closed to be certified. Cool, I love all these LEGOLAND parts.

Damien

PS: More generally speaking, LDView is a highly discriminating tool for part
debugging. Missing or overlapping quads are easily detected with LDView.
Many official parts really suck when displayed in LDView.

Many thanks - I have resubmitted the corrected subpart to the PT - which means
it loses its YY status, hopefully only temporarily.

If you find such errors in the future, you can always mail me direct rather
than try and figure out the fix for yourself - my email is in the part header.

Re: LDView - I agree, but find L3Lab a much more friendly tool for review
during parts authoring. Maybe I should do a final check with LDView as part of
the QA?

Chris