 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2760
2759  |  2761
Subject:
duplication of efforts (stealing someone's thunder)...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:09:35 GMT

Please notice "follow-up".....

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Axel Poqué writes:
This is an update for the part I posted about 2 months ago.

I presume you are referring to this post here:
"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1239"
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:41:37 GMT

...Which is six months later than my post here:
"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=2035"
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:19:44 GMT

I am *really* getting upset over this.  >:-(

This is not the first time that someone has posted
a DAT file for a part I've posted and been waiting
approval/release for -- how long ago was the last
parts update, anyway?  Almost a *year*?!?

If someone notices a flaw with a DAT file
that someone else had the courtesy to design,
edit, and then post, please have the courtesy
to give them the opportunity to fix their version
*before* you go and steal their thunder.

If you do not necessarily notice any flaws
with a previous version, and just want to show off
your version, please have the courtesy
to post the URL of the previous version,
both for academic honesty, and to enable others
to make an honest comparison of the two versions.

And, finally, if you honestly didn't think to search
LUGNet.cad, or Tore's former list/page, or post a message
to ".cad" asking if anyone else had previously posted
or is working on [x], (etc.), please think to do so
the next time...

Sorry for the rant, but this has been eating at me
for *quite* some time, now, and I just had to vent
a little steam.

Franklin