 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2681
Re: Questions about monorail parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:22:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Benjamin Medinets writes:

I really cannot answer your first question about the monorail part in .CAD
but I can tell you the part number of the monorail motor....

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=monorail+motor

set #5040 (Shop @ Home set)

I *think* that's a set number and what is wanted is the molded in number of
the individual parts, but it's not clear to me whether the original poster
was asking for the part for the motor,(white sort of cylindrical) the base
(which is black), the wheels, or the monorail motor cover (which only came
in Airport Shuttle) or all of the above.

If you bought 5040 you get the motor, the base (with wheels and a brass gear
etc.) but no cover, IIRC.

So I would claim that 5040 is not the number of the part. Rather it's the
number of a service pack that has the part in it.

For example, the red micro motor consists of the following 4 parts:

2986: Electric Technic Micromotor
2985: Electric Technic Micromotor Base
2983: Electric Technic Micromotor Pulley
2984: Electric Technic Micromotor Top

according to:
(http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/psearch?query=motor&limit=none)

but one set it came in was 5119:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5119
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/5119-1

(working this a bit further, the part 2986 image can be seen here:
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/7/2986.gif )

Hope that helps!