 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2251
Re: New Part: 3437peye.dat: Duplo Brick 2 x 2 with Eyes Pattern on Two Sides
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:20:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tony Hafner writes:
Here is a Duplo 2x2 with eyes on both sides.  It's a fairly common piece,
and I thought it would be a great first printed piece for me to do from scratch.

I don't know why I thought this was a good piece to start with.  This was a
major pain, what with all the negative curves inside other curves... but it
looks great!

There's a preview shot up at:
http://www.hafhead.com/lego/cad/index.html

Anyway, this isn't *quite* finished.  These issues need to be addressed:
#1: I don't know which primitive to use for the top stud.  This piece uses
a scaled-up stud4.dat, which in my opinion is the perfect dimensions.

Looks OK to me. If we decide later to change the dimensions it will be simple to
do.
#2: Do we have a range of pattern numbers set aside for Duplo?  I need a
pattern designator.

I'd like to work on some patterned pieces, too. I'll post the ones I'm working
on to Tore's part tracker (probably the large lion or panda head first)

#3: Someone else (Don Rogerson) modeled the binding splines in his Duplo
part as being narrower (3x4 instead of 4x4).  That looks like it is more
accurate, so I'll probably make that change.

Cool, Tony. I'll proceed with these standards in my future models.