 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1745
Re: Final version 973fett.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 18:34:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Matt Schild writes:
Here is the final version of my Boba Fett patterned torso.  I'm going to
submit it for the official update once I find out what the official part
number would be.  Let me know what you think.

<snip>

I don't (yet) have a Slave1 myself, so may be speaking from a position of
ignorance, since I cannot judge how fine the decoration lines are on the Boba
Fett torso.

But, it is not generally considered acceptable to model markings using type 2
(edge) lines, as you seem to have done here. This line type is supposed to be
used for surface intersections. For this fine markings it is preferred practice
to use narrow quads. This ensure that the decoration scales up correctly - as
renderers should draw type 2 lines just as lines regardless of scale.

On decorated parts it is acceptable practice to draw type 2 lines along the
centre line of narrow quads, to ensure the pattern stays visble at low
magnification, but at high mag these lines will be hidden by the quads.

Chris