 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1598
Re: Monorail Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 07:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Joseph O'Donnell writes:
Here is a try at the short straight piece of monorail track...

Received a note that the center stud of the short staight track is up-side
down; I'll fix that RSN. It was also suggested that I do the track in Color
16; let's give it a shot. I've finally got the long straight track done, so
here they are in Color 16:

http://home1.gte.net/dejah99/2670R16.dat

and

http://home1.gte.net/dejah99/2671R16.dat

If you cannot download these, let me know and I'll mail you a copy. The short
file is 49K and the long one is 160K. If it more proper to attach them here,
let me know. Also, what do you think about the color...the track was available
only in light gray, so should I do them in light gray or Color 16?

The long curve is completed on the top, sides, ends and center bottom. All
that remaines is the underside bracing. I still have not figured out that
geometry. Does anyone want me to post the incomplete version? Is there anyone
that wants to pick this one up?

I should have the station stop piece up in the next several days. A switch is
pretty well blocked out. Geometry is slowing this one up too.

Please let me know what you think...direct e-mail to dejah99@gte.net or post a
reply.

Joseph