 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1232
Re: BFC conversion effects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:56:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Axel Poqué wrote:

When I was rendering a DAT file I just created, I noticed that the
rounded corners of part 10p03 "baseplate 24 x 32 with set 358 dots
pattern" didn't come out in the rendered picture (the studs in the
plates corners were free-floating :-). I dug around in 10p03.dat
and saw that the 1-4disc primitive used for the corners had been
converted to BFC just recently. Figuring that the primitive's
normals were just pointed the wrong way I flipped them over the in
10p03.dat and everything rendered just fine.

Note to anyone, to avoid confusion: no primitives have *officially* been
converted to BFC.  Axel may have grabbed my set of unofficial conversions.

Q: Is this the right way to deal with this problem? (I figure most
baseplates would need their corners flipped, and I remember seeing
some missing surfaces in other pieces as well)

Sounds like the right way.  We should try to minimize use of INVERTNEXT.  A
flip is better than an INVERTNEXT.

Steve