 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 111
Re: [part] mockup/for-post of 30407
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:35:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Kevin Bane writes:
John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote in message

Looks good, though I would suggest inlining unofficial subparts when
posting

Oops.  Sorry.

parts.  Swh1.dat is the correct subpart for this.  I wrote swh4.dat
specifically for the cockpit, since half the hinge is thinner at one end.

-John Van

I just used the one that looked right.

BTW, how did you create these parts?  They look soooooo good.  Beautiful
work.

They provided a good challenge to be sure.  The two-fingered parts involved
lots of trig, while the one fingered part took plenty of trial and error.
Modeling the area where the "nubs" on the two fingers slip into the indentions
on the one-fingered pieces was the most difficult.  I've since realized they
need some more conditional lines, too, which is going to be a real pain.  I
think they are good enough for a vote, but I still plan to make them better.

They do look pretty sweet in POV, though.

-John Van