 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 88
Re: OMR 8860 Technic Racing car on Web-site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:48:36 GMT

First, to all:  please refrain from non-.dat postings to the .dat newsgroups.

:CHARTER/PURPOSE:
:
:   lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets (group):
:     Unofficial renderings of official LEGO® sets in LDraw DAT format,
:      plus any follow-up discussions.
:
:lugnet.cad.dat (group and hierarchy):
:      Special groups for posting models and parts as LDraw DAT files,
:      which can be viewed through the web interface using a special
:      browser add-on.

If you have questions/comments about the OMR, post them to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw.  If you have questions comment about .dat or
.mpd files in general, post them to lugnet.cad (or possibly lugnet.cad.dev).

Second, .mpd files count as .dat files for this purpose.  Go ahead and post the .mpd file to this group, as .mpd files can be read
by LDLite and thus viewed directly.

For posting for the OMR, there are a couple of threads concerning this in lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw.  IIRC, unofficial parts should
be removed or at least commented out.  Since they are official parts, hoses may be included, preferably as a subfile within the
.mpd.  If you have mirror-image hoses, I would suggest using one subfile and just using a mirrored copy.

-John Van

Bart Titulaer <b.m.titulaer@phys.tue.nl> wrote in message news:FF4KwJ.H04@lugnet.com...
Hi,

I'm not sure how to subit this model. It contains 4 unofficial parts, 4 hoses
and is rather large itself. I've set up a web-page, where I've put the MPD,
Zipped and/or unzipped and a general zip-file from this model. Together of
course with a few renderings of it.

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Campus/9380/

How shall I post this model for the OMR?

All unofficial parts are enclosed in the mpd or put in the model-directory.

Best regards,

Bart