 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 197
Re: file name protocol
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 20:29:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Ryan J. Schave writes:
I've finished a couple of models.  Looking back I realize that I used names
for sub models that may not mean much to anyone else.

Is there a protocal for filenames, sub models, etc.?  Or should I just post
the models and not worry about?

For models, I wouldn't worry much about the names, as long as they are 8.3
format.

Well, that's not exactly true -- I'd use the same prefix on all the names,
so that the files stay close together when people are looking at their
(huge) ldraw/models/ directory.

Actually, I'd publish all multi-file models in the MPD format, so all the
files are combined into a single unit.  It's much easier to handle that way,
for everyone.

Steve