 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 996
Re: c&c/red alert m1a1 abrams med tank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:08:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Here is the c&c/red alert m1a1 abrams med tank. It is a slightly modfied
version
of thomas burgers m1a1 abrams model. Tom, why didn't you tell me you had
a m1a1
abrams model???
0 FILE m1a1.dat

why? because It didnt come out like I wanted it to.it wasnt proportionized
like the real one. the sizes i wanted where 8 x 12 or 8 x 14 for the base.
tracks 1 1/2 brick length, but the ones were 3, and the chain didnt seem right.
Being inside a abrams helps as well, for about a week I worked on the
communications gear inside... i messed around checked it all out, learned
alot  from just climbing all over them, plus for the full funtiona-bility
for all parts was'nt possible,lego creations vs reality is like a 1/3
minifig scale (lego, car fits 1... reality fits 3 to 4) Also the real one
can fit 4 marines plus driver, and it just was not posible to fit maybe 1
inside!
I also tried my work on the lav25, and the aav's
(look up all this at www.usmc.mil).
the lav i wanted 2 crew, 1 driver and a top gunner, but plans went bad,
didnt look right. (i am going to finish it though. (lav25.dat))
As for the AAV (known as trax) was hard, those are tanks and "lav combined
almost.. im sure a pic can be found at the marine corps site..(plus if i
wanted to go all out, i would have done 1 x 2 tiles with radio pattern

PS next time ask to use model first. i dont mind but at least change something!
Tburger
Lcpl USMC