 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 736
Re: Bulkhead Flat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 18:47:44 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

There isn't any standard of header comments for models.  Except the title must
be the first line.

Steve

I'd like to get the naming, MPDness, etc. right but...

More importantly, to me anyway, I'm also interested in the most compact
way of saying "this is my design, I hold the copyright, you're OK to
build it, but commercial use is not permitted without prior explicit
permission from me, redistribution is OK but only in its entirity, no
alteration or modification permitted unless this notice retained and
alterations clearly marked..." and of identifying it as mine and giving
the date.

Now, this bulkhead flat is nothing special, but I have some designs I
have not yet rendered(1) that I absolutely WON'T unless I have that
under control as they are (IMNSHO) pretty darn valuable and I'm not
going to release them to the world without some protection. I in fact
regret that I didn't think of it and apply protection to the other two
designs I posted, the SW9 is some of my better work and the hydro is
moderately clever...

Now, there might be some that have an issue with that attitude but I do
believe in intellectual property rights and my really clever designs are
not going to be given away for someone else to claim as their own.

1 - streetcar, doodlebug, blue station, doublestack container, and some
others, not to mention black hopper which is already a minor commercial
success...