 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 623
Re: Modern Police Department
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:28:47 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
news:37F7A09F.2DB200E5@voyager.net...
Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Good design but datsville already has a police force, mine.

I didn't think Datsville was about claiming precendence for stuff. I
thought it was about a shared experiment in creating a world...

Yes, and it's about a creative way to show off lots of different creations.

What's
the harm in having two police stations and more equipment than just what
you did?

Every quality .dat should eventually make it into Datsville.  Some
consideration has to be given to fitting buildings into a plausible town
structure (we wouldn't want a police department on every corner, for
instance--but then if someone were to submit a Starbuck's Coffee . . .).  But
as the town grows, multiple police/fire stations make sense, and even now
who's to say Datsville doesn't have a State Police facility?

So if you have some new ideas and feel like designing a particular building,
vehicle, etc, go ahead!  Just don't be upset if your creation doesn't make it
into Datsville immediately, since I try to focus on what the town needs most,
first.  Which is not to say I'll always get that right, either.  Feel free to
make comments, suggestions, etc.

Else I coud claim that all trains should be done by me since I'm the
best train designer, and no one else should post any till I get a chance
to draw all mine up (preceded by learning how to use LDraw...).

Patently ridiculous claim.

Well, maybe not in your case ;-)

Keep building and posting (especially houses!)

-John Van