 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 321
Re: Viewing DAT files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 23:34:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Mladen Pejic writes:
After I posted my DAT file a couple of hours ago, I opened the file and only
saw the basic parts of my model displayed, not the slopes, etc. I have never
encountered this problem when viewing other people files. I then went to
options and set the path for LDRAW parts but it still didn't work. I would
really appreciate if someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

Mladen P.

Whew!  Glad to hear that was only part of the model.  I mean I'd never want to
criticize a first time poster, but that hover tank was looking pretty sparse :)

Did you use subfiles in creating your model?  If so they may not have been
posted with the main .dat file.  I recall that your file looked like it was
created with MLCad, correct.  If so there may be problems associated with
posting .dats made with MLCad.  It's pretty new.

What method did you use to post (newsreader, web, email)?

-John Van