 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1986
1985  |  1987
Subject:
Parts disappearing with L3PAO - m6011_schatkar.dat [0/1]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:39:56 GMT

Hello all,

I'm a newbie in the field of Lego rendering, started only last week.
I'm using the combination of LeoCAD v0.73.2, L3PAO v1.3.8 and Pov-Ray
v3.5 to produce my renderings.  I've already solved quite a few problems
i had by browsing through this newsgroup, but now i've encountered
something that i don't seem to be able fo find an answer for.

I'm sorry if this turns out to be one of those thousandth-time-asked
questions or if i did something really stupid that caused my problem,
but here goes nothing.

The problem occurs when i do the following : I make a model in LeoCAD.
I save the model in LeoCAD as a DAT-file.  I convert this DAT-file to a
POV-file using L3PAO.  (Options checked in L3PAO are background white,
no floor, bumps, seam width, quality level 3, and overwrite existing
.pov .)  I then open the POV-file in Pov-Ray and render it.  The problem
now is that some parts are missing from the rendered image.  Whether i
check the "use LGEO library" or not makes no difference, so it's
(probably) not an LGEO-related problem.  The problem arises during the
conversion by L3P, as seen in the output of this program (here using a
model tower.dat that i quickly put together inspired by an existing set,
in this example i unchecked the LGEO option) :

C:\>"C:\Peter\Lego\LDRAW\L3P.exe" "C:\Peter\Lego\tower.dat" "C:\Peter
\Lego" -cg45,45,0 -lg45,0,0 -lg30,120,0 -lg60,-120,0 -b1.000,1.000,1.000
-bu -sw0,5 -q3 -o
Processing C:\Peter\Lego\tower.dat
Could not find 3867p01.dat referenced by tower.dat
L3P v1.3 20010120  (C) 1998-2001 Lars C. Hassing  lch@ccieurope.com
DAT files processed: 67
From PARTS: 26
POV file successfully written: C:\Peter\Lego\tower.pov  299 kBytes

The part 3867p01.dat (baseplate 16x16 with island pattern) is not found,
and consequently doesn't show up in the rendering (also, the parrot
comes out grey in stead of red, but i suspect that to be a different
problem).  I encountered the same problem with other parts (i included
the DAT file which provided me with the last two examples) :
- 3846p4g.dat and 3846p4h.dat :
triangular shields with lion pattern
- vol3626ap01.dat :
minifig head - stud solid with standard grin pattern
       - 251c01.dat : turntable 2x2 plate with hinge
- 4493c01.dat : horse with brown/white tack pattern

When i export the model directly from LeoCAD to POV format, than the
missing parts are included, so it indeed seems to be a L3P-related
thing.

Can anyone tell me how i can correct this ?

Many thanks in advance,
Peter De Bruyne