 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1530
Re: My entry in the Town Comp - Dirt Track Sprint Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:34:23 GMT

In lugnet.town, Carl Watson writes:
Well voting has already started so I better get my act together & let people
know about my entry.

I have built a Dirt Track Sprint Car.
(DAT file can be found in 'notes.txt' at the above link)

It is entered in the 'Small Vehicles - Modern' category for the Town
Competition.
http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2001

I have tried to keep it to scale with the Legoland Town theme of the 80's.
I have modelled it in my favourite colour, green.
Let me know what you think.

Carl Watson

You model certainly has the flavor of the "real thing".  I appreciate your
including the photo of the vehicle on which it is based.  I would have never
known your Dirt Track Sprint Car was modeled on an actual car without this
and your explanation.  This makes it much more impressive to me.  [but then
i already liked it when it first appeared at Brickshelf because it looked
like a car with a hat ;-) ]

It looks like the top can be flipped up and down to insert the driver.  Is
this the case?  I like flip tops! [Of course the classic flip top is found
in Fabuland...3637,3641,3644]

I like the red one  on the minty background the best.  Always think of fast
cars as being red.

thanks for sharing,
sheree