 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1476
Re: Full motorized sports car - DAT file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:23:31 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message ...
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, David Till writes:
And my version of Bram's car for comparason;

Wow!  That's quite close!  Nice job working from only photos!  The only • real
differences are in the interior and false engine, and a few minor piece
substitutions.  So did you build your copy in yellow?  Enjoy driving it
around?

It was nice working from such a great selection of photos, though of course
there were some interior parts that I could not make out.
I'm thinking of building a second car using your dat file so that I can
compare them in the flesh - I believe your engine will look better, but mine
may be a bit sturdier, and where you said there would be no room for a
proper interior, mine may accept a minifig driver?

(BTW, in case you didn't notice, I made my DAT file in color 16 so that you • can
pick the color...unfortunately, L3Lab and LDView don't seem to have options • to
set the default color.)
--Bram

I built mine in black, but made the dat file in yellow so that the building
steps would be easier to follow (in MLCAD with previous steps greyed out) -
besides, I don't think I have ever seen a 1x2x3 thin wall panel in yellow?

Driving it was a nightmare to start with, but once I removed the 1x8 plate
under the front, the front wheels were able to touch the ground, and I was
able to steer!
Other than that, I can only say it wheelspins a lot on polished wood ;)

(Duckie) Dave Till