 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1439
1438  |  1440
Subject:
Cathedral of Ice MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 03:20:07 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

This is my most complex CAD structure yet.

Here is an overall view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bhamilto1/LDRAW/Cathedral/cathall.jpg

Here is the index to all the pictures:

I call it the Cathedral of Ice because the two towers look like huge
icicles.

I based this building on the general shape of Cologne (Koln) Cathedral in
Germany.  However, I added many elements of my own design including modern,
curved plexiglass windows and curvy buttressing elements.  The final style
might be called "Gothic Modern."

Thanks to Mark Kennedy for providing the curved "Paradisa" windows (6002) as
well as updating the straight version of these windows (2572) to match.
These windows were critical.  I'm so happy to have these.  Thanks Mark!

I didn't post the .dat files because there are about 5 of them plus you
would need some new parts and primatives.  If anyone is interested, I'll be
happy to send you all the pieces.

Feedback is appreciated,

Brad
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/lego.htm