 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1406
Re: Baroque Church Facade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 14:07:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Brad Hamilton writes:

Can you elaborate more on your suggested change?
I'm a newbie to this stuff, and just use MLCAD for all editing.
I never mess with the actual text files or part properties.

Sure.  I use MLCAD myself,
but only to _render_ (display) the model.
For my actual typing, I use Notepad.
(A DAT file is simply an ASCII text file
with a different extension.)

Open up Wordpad (not Notepad).  Open a File, of "any type",
in your LDraw\Models directory (or wherever else you've got this file),
and then Replace All from "0.707107" to "0.707".
Then Save the file, and choose Text as the type when prompted.
This is how I compact my files these days.

Franklin