 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 134
Re: repost of 7140 X-Wing fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:17:01 GMT

Calvin,

Very nice job on this.  All the steps match the official instructions, and sub-steps are subfiled nicely.

I have a couple of suggestions for improving your file to perfection:
1.  Center the "movable" subfiles on the axis of rotation.  Particularly for the wings, this will make them easy to rotate into open
or closed possition.  This could also be done for the utility truck, with the second and third sections being centered on the "ball"
hitch.

2.  This may be a little controversial, but I would suggest adding the exhaust sections to the wing subfiles, so that they would be
rotated with the wings.  I realize this means moving this step out of order with the official instructions, but I think this is a
classic case of where this makes the file better.

3.  Are the lightsaber blade and hilt in there?  I'd stick them in the fore compartment.  Even though they won't be seen, they'll be
there for inventory purposes.

4.  I think I saw that the r2d2 head piece (not patterned) had be done, but I'm not sure if it's been released yet.

Great work on this, it really sets the standard for OMR submissions--though the file naming scheme isn't ready for the OMR.

-John Van

cwalton <cwalton@istar.ca> wrote in message news:FEywsy.FrL@lugnet.com...
Thanks to some peoples comments and parts, This is a more complete version of
this model.

Now the only parts that are missing are:

Slope brick  2 x 2 with Death star canyon pattern
Minifig heads with Luke's face and Technician patterns
Helmets for Biggs and Luke
as well as all the parts in R2D2

--Calvin Walton