 CAD / LDraw Files / Ideas / 84
  Space docking port  [DAT]

(...) I was playing with pieces to see what would fit in those 1x8 door rails. Here's what I came up with, with a footprint basically the size of said door rail. It uses a "Window 4x4x3 Roof Glass", which I have plenty of in trans-blue, trans-green, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: Space docking port

"Bram Lambrecht" <braml@juno.com> wrote in message news:20000222.224311...uno.com... (...) I felt the same way with the end result. In the middle of building it, I read a post that indicated support would be an issue, so I beefed it up. I was (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.space)

  Re: Space docking port

(...) <snipped DAT> I like it. I think this type of dock would be more suited to access hatches to mechanical areas, or doors on fighters. I have a small hatch with a similar sized opening that I have developed, but it's nowhere near as compact and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: Space docking port  [DAT]

(...) I took Bram's design and reworked it to get a little more room for the minifigs to work with. The glass from the newer 1 x 4 x 5 town windows is removable. On the top and bottom are nubs which hold the window into it's frame. In this (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

  Re: Space docking port

"Duane Hess" <DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:Fqn9A2.EAq@lugnet.com... (...) I like this redesign. My only vice is the panel being exposed on the inboard side. I made some more adjustments to this design (which I lost because of a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)