 CAD / LDraw Files / Ideas / 148
    Re: Boiling in Oil, new castle add-on for defense, need help. —Gino A. Melone
   (...) First, cauldrons would be more accurate, but barrels should look pretty good. Second, the oil would typically not be dumped over the wall. I've seen two approaches. The first is to have an overhang above the gates. This would be a guard room (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas)

        Re: Boiling in Oil, new castle add-on for defense, need help. —Gino A. Melone
     I posted a reply in lugnet.cad.dat.ideas. (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Boiling in Oil, new castle add-on for defense, need help. —James Stacey
   Cauldrons on the walls were used originally but as castles developed, the method mentioned was used. They were called murder holes or drop boxes and often emptied into cleared courtyards (killing field) where the enemy couldnt shield themselves from (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)