 CAD / 9548
9547  |  9549
Subject:
MOTM/SOTM for February 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 03:41:16 GMT

Do I ever hate the cold & flu season.....

Anyway, here goes;

MOTM is Cale Leiphart's "1949 John Deere Model A".
This was actually a tough call.  Cale's model tied with Carlos un apellido's
Supercar model, so I had to be the tie-breaker.  The supercar is an
excellent, detailed rendition of the set - with an exquisite render.
But ultimately, I had to lean toward Cale's John Deere tractor. Primarily
due to it being an original model.   I'm glad there aren't many tie votes.

SOTM goes to Robert Leahey's "Daytrip - a view from the observation car of
the 16:25".  A nice 'slice of life' scene from a Lego world.  I find it
interesting that water has studs instead of ripples in this world.  :-)

See them at:
http://www.ldraw.org/community/contests/

And voting for the March MOTM & SOTM is ready at:
http://www.ldraw.org/community/contests/voting/

Till next month,

-- Terry K --