 CAD / 926
Re: Kodiak Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:09:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, buster@marsbase.com (Ben Vaughan) writes:
I've been trying to post my new mech here, but the file size might be killing
the post.  Anyway, check out:
http://www.marsbase.com/KODIAK1.DAT
for a sneak peek!

Ben Vaughan

Nope, it's not the file size.  When you filled out the news-posting-setup
form, you gave buster@marsbase.com as your e-mail address, but you sent in
the .DAT file from buster@verinet.com.  In other words, your article bounced
because the newsserver didn't know who you were.  (Didn't it send you back a
message asking you to go to the news-posting-setup page?)

Note that you can indeed give multiple e-mail addresses to the news-posting-
setup page; you just need to fill it out once for each e-mail address prior
to posting, otherwise the newsserver can't recognize you.  Hope this helps!

--Todd