 CAD / 920
919  |  921
Subject:
Found the bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:08:45 GMT

Hi,
I found a very subtle and sneaky bug in ldao.  This bug occurs only if in
the regional setting control panel applet the decimal separator is set to
something else than a dot '.' this occurs in certain countries like in
France where the decimal separator is a coma ','.  The problem is that some
functions used in VB to parse a string into a floating point number take
this parameter into account and others don't.  In fact the default type
casting done by VB will take this into account as well as the CSng CDbl
functions while the val function does not!  So this explains why I was the
only one who wasn't able to open the editor or modeler, what happened was
that when ldao tried to parse the string which contained the view setting it
could not do so.  I've e-mailed Steve with the corrected file.