 CAD / 9165
Re: Lpub 2.1.0.4 problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 02:45:33 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Kevin Clague writes:
In lugnet.inst, Jake McKee writes:

Kevin,

I may have jumped the gun, but I just noticed your site had a new version of
Lpub, so I downloaded and installed.

I am finding a couple of problems (not sure if they are related to 2.1.0.4
or if I am just now finding them).

- I noticed that the POV > MEGAPOV menu is coming up blank when you first
start the app. If you do something, not sure what, that menu will

I'll have to look at this.  You are sure that MEGAPOV is in the same
directory as POV-Ray, just like MEGA-POV instructions say?

I've not tested the new MEGAPOV and POV-Ray 3.5.  Caveat Emptor.

Not using POV 3.5. If I do something (combination I'm not sure) it shows up
after I jump around the menus for a while.

- When rendering out instruction images, I can't seem to get the app to go
all the way through the instruction creation. At different points, it stops,
giving an error saying "Can't find (insert name of image it is working on
creating)"

Please make sure you are only running one instance of POV-Ray.  LPub gets
confused if you have more than one running of the same version at the same >time.

Only running one instance for sure. I actually restarted and went straight
to Lpub.

I did try rendering one of the .pov files directly (since Lpub hung, it
didn't delete some of the .pov and .dats it was working on). POV kicked an
error, and I emailed you a screenshot. Not sure if this was doing what it
was supposed to or if it was a real error.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
LEGO Enthusiast
Webmaster B.I. Portal - bricksonthebrain.com